EarthScapes of Liberty is looking for a self motivated individual that has the energy, drive and initiative to gain a Class E drivers license and work to obtain a CISEC certification, Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control. This position allows for on-the-job training while learning the trade and processes involved in performance of SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan) inspections mandated by the EPA as part of the Clean Water Act.
Once certified the job allows the opportunity to develop self direction, potential use of a company vehicle and a flexible schedule with the opportunity to enhance the business and in turn earn compensation.
- Inspect excavations, drainage structures, construction sites and compare the work performed to plans and specifications, confer frequently with higher level inspectors or engineering personnel to clarify or interpret details.
- Prepares a weekly or post rain inspection report, which includes the details of the contractor s work activities and list locations of work, materials, equipment, materials storage, status of BMP's, water testing and monitor and report potential offsite violations.
- Become familiar with plans, specifications, standards, and related material when not occupied with regular assignments. MDNR and KDHE CGP's, NOT and NOI implementation and understanding.
- Advises contractors and supervisory personnel of deficiencies or issues related to the plans and specifications and existing onsite BMP's.
- Assist in preparing project records and forming reports
- Ensures self, project staff, contractor staff, GC's and owners are aware of environmental regulations.
- Interact with local, state and federal personnel associated with the SWPPP inspection process.
- Water quality testing
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Proven written, oral, and math skills
- Class E Missouri or standard Kansas drivers license.
- Provide a driving record to ensure insurability.
- Ability to interpret and apply written specifications.
- Understands the general nature of construction and contracting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Has computer skills such as data entry and is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Email, and the Internet.
- Sales, customer service
Starting pay based on experience; hourly or salary packages available with benefits and 401K options. Performance and certification goals set and when reached result in pay scale increases including potential company vehicle. This job does require a non-compete contract document signature.
Landscape and Hardscape Lead
EarthScapes of Liberty, that started as an erosion control company in Liberty, Missouri in 2002, is seeking candidates experienced in project management in the landscape and hardscapes industry.
Along with erosion control we operate a sod farming operation and believe it is time to expand our operation into the full service landscaping arena to create synergy.
EarthScapes of Liberty desires self-motivated, hands-on individuals for a position with bidding emphasis; individuals should possess the flexibility to work in the field, alongside labor force; and, at the same time, inform management regarding day-to-day personnel and planning decisions.
Salary or hourly package is negotiable and benefits are available.
Other Employment Opportunities
CDL drivers must have a valid class A or B Commercial Drivers License and experience with manual transmissions and certified with air brakes. Tanker endorsement is a plus. All CDL Driving positions are offered 100% company paid health insurance for the employee after 90 days. Vision and dental plans are employee paid options. 401K offered at 1 year.
Class A drivers
$17.00 to $22.50 Starting pay and up based on experience and willingness to labor and operate equipment. These drivers are needed to operate sod delivery trucks which are equipped with a donkey fork lift to load and unload sod. We also have Class A Dump truck positions available. Class A drivers that are also able to run small equipment such as skid steers, mini excavators and farm tractors are needed. We have driver only positions as well as driver operator with labor positions.
Class B (must have air endorsement)
$15.00+ Starting pay and up based on experience and willingness to labor and operate equipment. Drivers are needed for dump trucking; we also have a hydro-seed truck that requires a tanker endorsement. Additionally, we need drivers that operate small equipment, labor and potentially run crews.
Class E or standard Kansas License drivers
$13.00+ starting pay and up based on experience and willingness to labor and operate equipment. Staff needed to move crews and equipment while performing labor on jobs daily.
Hiring Non driving positions including.
$10.00 to $22.50 per hour starting pay and up based on position and experience
Sod install Crew Lead/Operator $15.00 hour starting point with lead experience.
Crew Lead Erosion Control $15.00 hour starting point with lead experience.
Sod Farm operator/laborer (Buckner Missouri location)
Operators for seeding projects and small equipment
Concrete experienced yard position- "Yard Dog"
DRIVERS must already be able to operate a manual transmission. Good candidates will have a clean driving and criminal record. Current MVR required at time of interview. No DUI's in the last 10 years. Current Medical card required at the time of the interview.